FERPA provides that educational agencies and institutions that receive U.S. Department of Education funds may not have a policy or practice of denying parents and eligible students of the right to:
- Inspect and review education records within 45 days of a request
- Seek to amend education records believed to be inaccurate; and
- Consent to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from education records, except as specified by law.
- Parents have the right to know, websites used by Andover Regional Schools that may collect personally identifiable information as defined below:
- Personally identifiable information (PII) includes information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity either directly or indirectly through linkages with other information.
Additional information on PII is available in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulations, 34 CFR §99.3, and in the PTAC publication Checklist: Data Governance
Please see this document listing all of the websites and apps an Andover Regional Student may be using.