Message from the Principal
A Message from the Principal
December 3, 2020
- All students will be expected to follow their daily schedules on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Our modified Wednesday schedule will remain the same at this time.
- During 100% Remote Instruction, all students will follow their schedules and attend their classes virtually through Zoom. Classroom teachers will post links to their “live” Zoom lessons in Google Calendar and in their individual Google Classrooms. If you know that your child is going to be absent, please report the absence in PickUp Patrol before 9:00 a.m.
- When we return to our hybrid model of instruction, all students will follow their daily schedules on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. However, Red Cohort students will still meet in person on Mondays and Tuesdays while White Cohort students and all 100% Remote students will attend classes “live” via Zoom. On Thursday and Friday, the White Cohort students will meet in person while Red Cohort students and all 100% Remote students will attend classes “live” via Zoom. Classroom teachers will post links to their “live” Zoom lessons in Google Calendar and in their individual Google Classrooms.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Optional Office Hours- 2:20 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- On Wednesdays, all students (Red and White 100% Remote and Hybrid) will follow the modified schedule that went into effect on December 7th.
- Students will continue to follow a Cohort 1 schedule or a Cohort 2 schedule depending on which cohort they were assigned at the start of the 2020-2021 school year. For example, students who were Red Cohort 1 and students who were White Cohort 1 will now follow the Cohort 1 schedule for their designated grade level.
- Science and Social Studies will be held on a rotating basis on Wednesdays following a Week 1 and Week 2 rotation. This schedule can be found on the LPS website.
- Wednesday Optional Office Hours- 1:10 p.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of every class and students MUST be present or else they will be marked absent.
We understand this transition, as with any transition, may cause some frustration and difficulty for students and families as adjustments are made. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to bring your students more live interaction with teachers.
Bryan J. Fleming
Marking Period and Trimester 1 Dates:
Trimester 1: September 4, 2020--December 4, 2020
Progress Reports Due: October 16, 2020 by 4:00 p.m.
Grades Due: December 7, 2020 by 4:00 p.m.
Grades Posted: December 11, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation during these challenging times. If you should have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Follow me on Twitter using the handle @LPSchargers
Bryan J. Fleming